Friday, September 01, 2006

More On Those Damn Cards

I'm finding that after roughly a week, I'm not making my 5-card quota.

I believe 5 cards a day (creatred OR altered) isn't a particularly ambitious goal, but I have a life as well -- as I'm guessing you do, too -- and so 2 or 3 seems to be what I can accomplish while I'm really breaking the story.

I suggest that on days you're just not making any progress, do research. Read up on the specific things you need to know more about concerning your characters, setting, the genre you're working in (yes, watching movies in the specific sub-genre can be, in my opinion, considered research and legitimate writerly work).

Just keep an eye on your Bullshit Meter... You know when you're working and when your slacking. And no one's there to keep you on-task but you.

Remember that no one's going to do this for you. So if you don't do it... it doesn't happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home